Darcy Lynn Dengel Foundation, Inc.
To honor Darcy Lynn Dengel, Mercy Flight Nurse, who gave her life in service, February 6, 2007, the Darcy Lynn Dengel Foundation, Inc. Nursing Scholarship, has been established to assist students pursuing an ADN, BSN or Masters degree in nursing in the state of Montana.
Darcy was an excellent nurse and she was an honest, loving, giving daughter, sister, fiancée, and friend. Darcy’s mission in life was people: To be with people, to give of herself for the benefit of others. Not only to heal people in the ways of a caring, skilled and competent nurse but to heal people’s spirits and their souls; and to love them without question without expecting anything in return.
This scholarship, currently $2,000 per year and administered by the Darcy Lynn Dengel Foundation, Inc., is to be applied to books and tuition only. The maximum lifetime award for undergraduates is $5,000. The maximum award for graduate students is $3,000. The amount and number awarded for this scholarship is subject to change each year. Scholarship funding is renewable, although not automatic. All applications, initial and renewable, must be completed and submitted along with grade documentation by June 15th, 2013 for the following fall quarter or semester. Disbursements will be made in August and November.
If you are selected to receive a scholarship, the Foundation reserves the right to publish your name in newspapers and foundation newsletters.
The Darcy Lynn Dengel Foundation, Inc. provides a scholarship opportunity for college students with the desire to advance in their nursing education or certification with preference given to students that have graduated from Manhattan Christian High School (1), Browning High School (1), Sidney High School (1) and Great Falls High Schools (2). Awardees are chosen based on eligibility requirements through a Scholarship Selection Committee.
The Darcy Lynn Dengel Foundation, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, political affiliation, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, creed or marital status.
- Applicants must have graduated from an accredited Montana High School.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited BSN or ADN Nursing Program and show proof of acceptance into the upper division or Masters Program.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.75 or higher, if study occurred within the last five (5) years.
- Applicants must maintain a 2.75 Grade Point Average.
- Applicants must take a minimum of nine (9) credits per semester.
- Applicants must submit completed application form with required documentation.
General Information and Application Process
The Darcy Lynn Dengel Foundation, Inc. determines availability of scholarship(s). Applications are available through The Darcy Lynn Dengel Foundation, Inc., 104 NE Washington, Lewistown, Montana 59457. Direct all question regarding the application process to Rich or Donna Dengel at 406-535-3717.
Applicants must submit the following criteria:
- Completed application form by designated deadline.
- A copy of your Montana High School diploma or High School transcript.
- A copy of the letter of acceptance into the upper division of an accredited College of Nursing or Masters level Program.
- Copy of transcripts reflecting a GPA of 2.75 from the last two years of academic study, if study occurred within the last five (5) years.
- Three letters of recommendation, at least one from your current supervisor or instructor.
- A written explanation stating how you will improve healthcare in your community in the future and how you have demonstrated this in the past and present.
- A written explanation of how being a recipient of this scholarship would enhance your goal of becoming a nurse.
Omission of any of the above information may eliminate your application from consideration. All requested materials must be submitted with the application.
The Foundation Scholarship Committee will review applications.
Click HERE to fill out online application
-- or --
Click HERE to download and print out .pdf version of application
Please mail completed .pdf application and all required documents to:
The Darcy Lynn Dengel Foundation, Inc.,
104 NE Washington
Lewistown, Montana 59457
Or deliver to: 104 NE Washington, Lewistown, Montana
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS:
June 15th, 2013